20050111

Blogging Slacker

Wow. Been so long. Where do I begin? Let's see...

Christmas was memorable. On the Wednesday before Christmas, a huge snowstorm hit Bloomington. We got about 2 feet of snow in two days. I thought it was kinda fun having that much snow. It was like having the town to ourselves, as everyone was already gone for the holidays. Very isolated. I don't think I could deal with that for too long, but for a few days, it was fun to pretend Erika and I were the only people left on earth.

Columbus, OH had it even worse. They got less snow, but also got a lot of ice. The Granville region (where Erika's family lives, just east of Columbus proper) got hit hard. Many people didn't have any electricity for a week because of all the downed trees. We went over there on Saturday, prepared to huddle for warmth. Luckily, Erika's aunt's power came back on that night, and we were able to stay somewhere with heat. Her mom's place didn't get juice until Monday. We hung out there until Tuesday and came back to Bloomington.

Played a lot of Sly Cooper 2 over the holidays. I think I played just a bit more than Erika did, but she did quite a few of the missions and was there to watch me do most of the rest. Very fun game. Good production values, just difficult enough to be fun without being frustrating. I felt kind of the same way about Price of Persia, though Sly 2 is far less linear. Anyway, I think we beat Sly 2 by the time the New Year rolled around.

New Year's pretty... low key. I got to see Christiane, which is always nice. A couple of people came over for New Year's Eve, and we all just kinda hung out.

Started back up at work the next week. It's definitely been fun. We've been doing a lot to get everything done and ready for a release. We keep crossing items off the final to-do list, but the damned thing is like a hydra!

In other news, my friends Jim and Robyn are getting married. Jim (finally!) proposed over the holiday season. They're having the ceremony in the Bahamas in April. Awesome. Hope Erika and I get to go! It's really up to the ticket prices at the moment.

Last bit of info: Appleseed is coming! Yay!!! Unfortunately, I don't know when it'll hit Bloomington. Looks like the nearest theater is in Chicago. Might need to road-trip.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?