20041213

Slackin'

Just finished my first day at the SCS. I spent most of the day setting up accounts and trying to figure things out. I'm not quite sure what the procedure is for getting files out of CVS in order to test my changes. I was trying to mirror the site locally, but to no avail. Pieces of it were missing. I'm pretty sure I picked up the correct trees from CVS. I'd like to figure this out before Cliff gets back on Wednesday. Grrr.

My new work machine is pretty nifty though. Mac G5 on OS X Panther. Mmmm. Tasty. I think I have things twiddled to where I want them. It takes some getting used to, especially since, in the past month, I had already been working heavily with Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Mandrake Linux. Now I get to add OS X to my list.

As you can see, I didn't post at all last week. Spent all of my time at work trying to get ready to leave, and I know I still didn't get to finish everything. Hope Steve and the gang aren't too mad about that... I think I got the biggies. We had an inter-department party on Thursday. Ate lots of food and bowled all afternoon. I broke 100 on the second game! (Scored 120-something...) Went out for my last meal with the gang at the Chinese buffet on Friday. Spent just as much time saying goodbye as I did trying to get work done. I find that I miss everybody there already. (It's 18:15 and I'm in the new office all alone.)

Had plenty to blog about last week. Two of my friends broke up after a year and half of living together. They were getting pretty serious, too. Maybe too serious? Also, one of my friends at BASES "resigned" out of the blue on my last day of work. It all sounded a little fishy, as in we're not sure it was entirely voluntary. Hope he's alright.

With all of this stuff going on, what the heck was I doing? Well, I helped my cousin George put together his new motherboard, CPU, and cooling fan. I spent the rest of the time playing Temple of Elemental Evil and Vampire: Bloodlines. Both games are of somewhat dubious quality, but fun as hell. Damn you Troika!

Uh oh. Gotta go. Going to meet some folks for dinner to celebrate my first Monday back in town.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Well done!
[url=http://rxatjzld.com/epmg/yzuf.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://kmhyeagf.com/btmh/rvfv.html]Cool site[/url]
 
Great work!
My homepage | Please visit
 
Well done!
http://rxatjzld.com/epmg/yzuf.html | http://ldjkbypm.com/xlgh/eyhg.html
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?