20041218

Graduation

Erika is graduating with a Masters from the IU School of Journalism. She undergoes commencement in about 10 hours. Her grandmother, aunt, and two cousins are here. Her mom, dad, and stepdad are due to arrive in the morning. Pretty unreal, but I'm proud of her. With any luck, I'll be able to stand up and applaud for her when they call her school. She dragged me to pilates class a couple of days ago. My hips are so sore that I can't stop complaining about it. I'm not meant to have muscles there. Feels like all I have are really angry nerve endings.

Work at the SCS continues apace. Apparently they've got me working on some of the most complicated pieces of the site. I'm not sure if Cliff and Karen are being sarcastic or not, but it's not so bad. And this is while I'm trying to reacquaint myself with the more complex aspects of HTML as well as learning the intricacies of PHP. The novelty of OS X is starting to wear off. It's sometimes a little difficult to toggle between windows in the same application. And when I have about a dozen BBEdit windows open with no quick way to switch between them, it becomes somewhat burdensome. Perhaps I'll figure out the necessary keyboard shortcuts with time, though it doesn't look to be the case.

Gaming-wise, I've been blowing a bit of time on America's Army. Still my favorite multiplayer game. I should really work on my sniper qualification. Played a few rounds of pistol match tonight and it was way fun. I've also been playing Spider-Man 2 on the Gamecube. I'm close to collecting all of the skyscraper tokens. 7 or 8 left to go! And I'm still working my way through Tales of Symphonia. It's a great anime-style RPG. Fun gameplay, nice story, and good character development. The only problem is you can't really play it in short bursts. Oh, and I think I may have hooked Erika's cousin Alan on Katamari Damacy. Another Namco game, this time on the PS2. The game is insane-o weird, but addictively fun. Only the Japanese could come up with something so outrageously bizarre.

What are my plans for New Year's?


Comments:
I have to admit, you seem to have a very well put together blog here!

Regards,
Bar Mitzvah Camera
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?