20041120

Working the Weekend

Meant to post something more than that test yesterday, but things got a smidgeon out of control at work and I was too tired by the time I finally made it back to Bloomington to do much. Went off to dinner at the Encore right after I got in to town. (Had some crazy tofu and noodle dish. Dug the tofu. Little unsure about the noodles.)

Erika, Ryan, Matt H and I decided that we'd run over to the Movie Gallery and rent a movie. I think we rented Saved and Bubba Ho-Tep, but we didn't watch either of them. Instead, Matt and I ran back to his place and picked up a bunch of his DVDs and brought them back to our place. We ended up watching HellBoy. Ryan hadn't seen it yet, and the rest of us enjoyed it enough to watch it again. I still think they rushed through the ending, making for an anti-climactic experience.

Well, I'm ostensibly testing a release for work over Citrix, but I'm feeling a bit less than motivated. After I finish testing the release, I'm supposed to help Erika clean, in preparation for the arrival of her brother and grandmother later today. They're bringing furniture. A shrunk. Yeah.

I'd better get cracking. Next post: Something Philosophical. Or a review of Half-Life 2.

Comments:
My first blog ever and I'm sure it will be full of excitement and controversy. Well, I just wanted to say that I'm very glad that you are staying around Bloomington for a little while Simon. Also, I thoroughly enjoyed "The Incredibles" last night. Disney and Pixar are doing some good things.

Since you blogged about your dinner I feel I can give a short rendering of my dining experience today. Afterall, I'm currently struggling to reach the keyboard over my grossly engorged gut. I went to Smokey Bones in Indy and had a plate of onion rings, a half rack of St. Louis style ribs, mashed potatos and gravy, barbecued baked beans, 2 Heinekens, and one of Robin's chicken fingers(was that really a finger I was eating? :-))

I will be waddling around the house for the rest of the evening.

Austin
 
Mmmm. Ribs. I've been trying to cut down on the amount of meat I eat in an effort to simulate healthiness. But pork products are SO YUMMY!!! I feel for you, Austin!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?